||4 years ago|
|Properties||4 years ago|
|Source||4 years ago|
|pics||4 years ago|
|.gitattributes||7 years ago|
|.gitignore||7 years ago|
|LICENSE||4 years ago|
|Mapper.csproj||4 years ago|
|Mapper.sln||4 years ago|
|Mapper.userprefs||4 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
Open Cities Map
Caveats: This project is in an early stage. The imported streets are more ore less totally broken. You will need some time to fix everything. I will try to improve the import in future, but please, feel free to fork this project and fix stuff on your own. I would be happy to get pull requests!
Import real roads to Cities Skylines from Open Street Map.
- Go to terrain.party, find you location and click on the download button. Do not touch the scaling buttons!
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- From the unzipped folder, move the PNGs to height maps folder:
- macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines/Addons/MapEditor/Heightmaps
- Linux: ~/.local/share/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines/Addons/MapEditor/Heightmaps
- Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Addons\MapEditor\Heightmaps
- Open the README.txt and locate the following line:
http://terrain.party/api/export?name. This line ends with the latitude and longitude of your specified area.
- Copy those numbers to any location, reverse latitude and longitude and trim all four numbers to four decimal places. Here is an example:
- Now open the following URL:
http://overpass-api.de/api/map?bbox=YOURNUMBERSHERE, but replace
YOURNUMBERSHEREwith the reversed latitude and longitude (the above example will be
http://overpass-api.de/api/map?bbox=8.6386,50.7212,8.8949,50.8829). This will download the Open Street Map file called map.
- Now start the game and make sure the Mod is active.
- Open the map editor and start a new map.
- In the map editor, open the heightd map import and chose one of the four PNGs. Mostly, merged works best.
- After the height map is imported, click on the road button far right.
- Provide the path to the downloaded map file and click on
Load OSM From File(this will take a while, be patient).
- After the import is done, click on
Make Roads. This will take like forever. I recommend to wait additional 10-20 seconds, after the import is done. You can play around with the Tolerance buttons, sometimes the results will be better.
- Now, try to fulfill the requirements based on the real region to be able to start the map in a game. This is also the point where you should place all trees and make forests and so on to be as close to real life as possible.d
- After you are done, save the map and start a new game with the unlimited money mod enabled.
- Finally, before you start the game, fix the broken roads.